Thursday, August 21, 2008

Omoshiroi Kanji 2 : 雨

For the second time : Ohisashiburi* mina san .. sorry for not posting for a long time ^^;
* ohisashiburi : it's been a long time; long time no see

Last time in the first post of this series I talked about my favorite kanji ( ) which means ( love ) ... This time I'll talk about another interesting kanji which is ( ) .. its reading is ( ame ) and it means ( Rain ) .
 
I like this kanji because I think it somehow resembles the view of rain , look to the dots and the way of drawing them .. the other reason that make this kanji special to me is its presence in many KANJIs which refer to meanings very close to RAIN ; for example :

( yuki ) : snow
( kaminari ) : thunder
( kumo ) : cloud
( kiri ) : fog , mist

notice how every one of them include the kanji ( ) as an upper part of it ^_^

Drawing & stroke order :
The green dot is the starting point


nice ne ? like usual .. starting from up to down ; left to right & horizontal before vertical ^^
see you with other KANJIs later in sha' ALLAH (^_^)//
 

3 comments:

momiji said...

ポストも、雨も、お久しぶりです。:)
雨は面白い漢字ですね。意味と漢字の形はよく合っていますから。
「電気」の電も雨の分がありますね。

Qutaibah said...

thank you biraru san for this nice kanji
but I cant remeber that kanji you say about it with 雨 and thunder sign
can you tell me about it

Biraru said...

Momiji san
そうですね、電も雨の分があります。。雨の分のある漢字はたくさんありますね
コメントをどうもありがとう ^^

Qutaiba san
thanks for the comment
I think you are talking about 電 ( refers for electricity ) .. this kanji too has the part 雨 ^^