Friday, May 9, 2008

3 days to put a header image !

Tsukareta~~
It took me about 3 days trying to put this image as a header for the blog !

I made this banner quickly ; planning to make another better one later in sha' ALLAH .. but when I tried to put it as banner it appeared shifted to the right with the previous original banner appearing above ; to the left and under this one ! even though I made it 760 pixels wide exactly as the original banner wide , after that I noticed a small note that they will shrink any banner to 740 pixels wide , so I made another "version" of it .. but the problem still exist .

This is how it appeared !

I had no choice but changing the template .. after searching between available templates I didn't like anyone more than this one I use now , in spite of this I tried some of them .. tried to add the banner .. sometimes it appeared well and sometimes it didn't .. but still want to put this banner with this template "5aawa" :p
I tried to use some other templates from other websites .. but still have problems (T_T) .

Finally .. I tried suicide so I t~~ ... :p I mean I tried searching between sites that have add-ons & widgets for blogs .. and I found what I want .. how to edit some particular lines in "Edit HTML" option of the Blog .. I changed some numbers many times so the banner will fit the header .. I also discovered that the header was 765 pixels wide not 760 ! so I re-made the banner with this new width ... and I succeeded .. yes .. finally I succeeded adding an image as a banner .

やった~~  \\(^o^)//
  

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOol..suicide "."
to this limit you tried so hard!
Mubarak...really nice clouds with the Wishes,blue always helpful,
But Why did you remove the Dreams and Adventures part?

Biraru said...

lol .. in fact it was very annoying thing to keep trying centralizing the banner at the header ^^;

and .. wishes is the exact translation for the blog name :

ビラルの希望 = biraru no kibou = Bilal's Wishes ^^

But I'm thinking of writing that sentence somewhere in the blog , do you find it a nice sentence ? "My wishes .. My dreams .. My adventures" ? ^^;

Anonymous said...

Yeah why not,
Maby you can write it this way


"My Wishes...Dreams...& Adventures"

Of coure it's up to you ,write it ur way or this way,

not big different actually,^_^

Amani AbuQdais أماني أبوقديس said...

oo mabrook!
wishes is not the exact translation of kibou.
kibou can mean both hope and wish..and i just got an idea:p
since u want the adventures part too, you can call it biraru no KIBOUKEN! =KIBOU + BOUKEN
but u will need hiragana since BOU in the 2 words has different kanji.

Biraru said...

Ina~su chan
nice idea .. I think I'll re-add the sentence but this time in the "This Blog" part ^^

Kanji chan ^^
lol .. omoshireeei :p
but which kanji shall I use ? :p
希望険
希冒険 (msWord read this "marebouken" ) :p
what about "nozomi" ? I think it also doesn't mean just wishes , in the dictionary ( noznomi = wish; desire; hope; prospect; expectation ) .. so what do you think it's better ? should I make it "Biraru no nozomi" ? ^__^

Anas said...

مبروووووووووووك شايفهم بباركولك ابصر عشو :p

اغلبك صحن سوشي اذا ما فيها غلبه
اكيد بتعرف ناس صينين :)

Biraru said...

الله يبارك فيك ^^
لا ولا شي بس كنت متغلب بوضع صورة البانر للموقع ولما زبطت معي حكيت لازم أكتب موضوع عن هالمعاناة
:p
الصراحة ما بعرف صينيين ، بس السوشي أكلة يابانية
^^
وبعدين بدي أخصم حق السوشي من الينات
:p

Amani AbuQdais أماني أبوقديس said...

"biraru no nozomi"...somehow it doesn't fit and feels hard on the ear (Musically):p
5alas keep it KIBOU, we r getting used to it.

Biraru said...

Kanji chan ^^
I agree with you .. I wanted at first to make it ( biraru no nozomi ) but I found it hard on ear , w kaman 5oft 7ada ye8ra2ha "biraru no nezumi" :p


Coupdecoeur ^^
Welcome and thanks for your nice words , I'm reading now your blog but it's all French ^^;
bonjour ^^

Qutaibah said...

hiiiiiiii
sumimsen i didnt understand any thing what this pecture
(it is appear white nothing in it)

Biraru said...

Qutaiba san
that's strange !! why it appears white ?
anyway .. it's the banner picture , I was talking about the problems I faced when tried to put that banner ^^;

勇-Yong said...

你好

Nice blog. Please continue to keep a good work on it.

Could you teach me how to put the picture as banner in details steps? I would like to make one as well.

感谢bira~ru君

Biraru said...

Welcome 勇 san

you can change the banner easily by going to (layout) then (page elements) and choose (edit) for the banner .. but when I did that it appeared shifted to the right so I followed this way :

choose (layout) then choose (edit HTML) , search for the line :

/* ---( header and site name )--- */

under that line search for ( #header { ) and change the numbers after it like this :

#header {
margin: 0;
padding-top: 1px;
padding-$endSide: 1px;
padding-bottom: 1px;
padding-$startSide: 41px;

Change the numbers (1,1,1,41) .. if they don't fit just change them slightly as you need .

I hope it will work with you ^^